More is given to those who have much!



One thing I believe is that more is given to those who already have. I think I have read this somewhere in the Bible and it happens all around us. There is also something else I learnt about stewardship from the ‘Live the Blessed Life’ series at Watoto Church, that God cannot trust you with big things unless you can be trusted with small ones. That’s why the rich tend to grow richer and the poor poorer. Then they start having all kinds of accounts for this, I hear colonialism, aid from abroad, witchcraft and all that nonsense. I even have no idea how they can account for poverty.

More is given if you have plenty.
And like one Man of God said, God cannot trust Kampala with a completely clean city! People should not keep complaining about having one until they can take care of it the way it is now with sewage and its varying stenches welcoming you from all sides, dust following you around like a committed bodyguard and rubbish behaving like some stalker.

Just in case you were walking around the streets with rubbish you urgently needed to get rid of and hoped you could find a dust bin soon, then suddenly you spot two piles of rubbish one slightly small and the other big.  Within their vicinity is that common poster of ‘Don’t put rubbish here, fine 20,000k. Honestly, would you keep looking for a dustbin? And secondly on which of the two piles would you place the rubbish?

The place with a lot of rubbish will keep growing while the other will be constant. You gain a lot confidence while dropping it at the big pile, feel like you just did the correct thing and walk away with no guilt. Because not much is given to those who have less, that’s why it’s easier for tiny girls to maintain weight and plump ones to gain even more. If you ever complain of having many problems, be assured that even more will come. I have a friend I have tried so much to avoid because whenever she called, she would be telling me that a problem came up without the previous ones being solved. More is surely given to those who have plenty!

And oh, thanks to Musisi (my role model). You are the only hope for the beauty of our city. As a matter of fact if there is anywhere I would like to work it’s with the KCCA. Last time I read that even the tea girl could actually earn 1million shillings. Frankly, I don’t mind earning that amount of money for now, though I mind being called a tea girl. So in that case, is it not possible for them to change the description of 'Tea Girl' to something like … I don’t know, but a friend told me her job was to make sure everyone in the company was happy. I don’t know how that is done and I have no idea what the Job title is but even if KCCA fails to figure it out, I still won’t ask for more than what the tea girl earns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money