Crazy minds, Crazy actors.


I think of all the time I have been on street (read jobless) and wonder what I have been up to! I mean not with such a great mind I have plus of course the threatening looks (not bragging – just using the words a number of people have used referring to me). I have a crazy best friend – Liana.  For a long time I had been trying to apply the ‘birds of a feather flock together’ saying on our friendship but in vain. We differed a lot in interests and most beliefs. Maybe till I realized what I had was a crazy mind.  She had the actions.

One of those boring days we got together and started jazzing – you know girl stuff. Of course gossiping to make it simpler. However we also discussed other things like politics, religion, marriage, death, and money among other things! Money! Yes we always talked about how we really needed money to catch up with the fashion craze. How absurd it was that since we left campus we had hardly purchased any new items for our closets. Same shoes, same clothes that whenever we donned ourselves in them, we still felt like campusers. A sign of no development at all.

Getting a job indeed was the best way one could get that money. That also was not as easy as it sounded. In fact we gave up on applying. After all every job advert assured us just how much we are unqualified for it and even worse made us feel small. An insane idea got to my mind – insane because I would never imagine myself executing it. But I told her about it all the same, knowing her would be reaction pretty well. ‘That’s a very magnificent idea’ was what she said excitedly. She knew who the
 right characters would be in that plot.

A week later, she stalked a husband to a very rich and famous lady in her home area. She first found out what time he got home, where he hang out after work, his gym time and so on. She met him at a bar around their home area and initiated a chat. You know how some men are! She got his number during the first conversation they ever had.  With time, she always ensured to call him in the night even when she knew he would probably be in bed with his wife by then. Yet he had warned her.

Apparently the wife got suspicious and one day checked his phone when he was away. She must have crammed the time Liana usually called. Her husband had saved her name as ‘Rev. John’. The lady hired a man to find out who the Reverend that called her husband at night was. She had started suspecting the husband was gay when she told the man to find out more about the night caller. Only to be told it was a young ‘hot’ woman!

Whether that was a relief or not – we had no idea. But she asked to meet Liana. Our plot had fallen in place so far. Liana made herself up and dressed intimidatingly as she went to meet her.  Well Liana might have had the young and better looks but the lady had the money.  So a deal could be made.

Both of them had bargaining leverage. ‘How much do you want?’ she asked Liana as soon as she had arrived. ‘What do you want to leave my husband alone’?

‘What makes you think I want your money?’

‘2.5 million shs and you bother him no more’

‘3.5 million shs and a very well paying job, Madam’. ‘I know you are a very influential person. So that’s not much to ask!’

‘Fine. But first I get to delete my husband’s number from your phone’. She deleted the number including all the dialed and received calls. Also checked her inbox but found it clean. A deal was closed. And when a project is successful, it’s terminated. The rich lady finally regained her peace and Liana’s actions paid off. You see I have a great mind. Now I can brag about it. Wasn’t it my great idea that got my best buddy a corporate job? That could actually have been mine!

#No more sharing my ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money