The side effects of being too dark:(Blacker is more Beautiful Though)

Blacker is more beautiful
The only consoling factor is that you are not alone. If you ever think you are too dark, and feel quite uncomfy about it, think of me. This only applies if you are not from Sudan. 

If you ever wish that someone categorized you as light skinned, go to Sudan, date a dinka. He/she will always refer to you as, 'my brown babe/dude.'


This Sudan solution is a long shot though. And while your darkness lasts, you can never look good with a tattoo  Damn! No one will see it. Only you will know that you have it. 

If you insist that you have one, you might need to prove it probably with a tattoo receipt or go get the tattooist to prove that he indeed worked on you. More blessed will you be if he was cautious enough to install cameras in his shop.

The other major problem is taking pictures. Confession;- If I have ever ignored your invites to studio group photos, now you know why. It's just that you are the last person to be seen in the pic. One time I heard a friend say, 'eh eh all along Kiglo is in this pic'. She hadn't noticed me all this while? Like seriously, my own tight friend since high school couldn't tell it was me all this while yet I was sure she had seen the pic several times before.

When the camera guy shows you the pics through his camera screen, you ask him to take other shots, complaining that those came out a little too dark. You find all kinds of excuses. 'Maybe you are taking from the wrong angle.'

'oba perhaps probably maybe  the light is like possibly kinda somehow dim in a way?'

Seriously, I also get tired of these excuses. 

Even in the pics, only the teeth and eyes show. People dont ask, 'who is that?' Instead they ask, 'Whose white teeth and eyes?' Forgetting that the whiteness is just an illusion created by the dark complexion. 
Okay maybe a yellow tattoo?

When pics are taken on the phone and they don't come out well, you start saying peoples cameras have very low pixels, or that they are Chinese made or they ain't smart phones at all!

Then God even decides to bless you with only light skinned bestos, which makes matters worse. These are the people you hook up almost everyday. Many at times, I be like, ' God, give me ko a best friend who is darker than me.' This, vainly though. 

You try so hard with dressing! In school there was this babe who only wore bright colored t-shirts arguing that they made her, 'brown'. She advised me, discretely, to try it sometime. Think I did try to purchase more of those bright colors when I went for holidays. However, I was totally saddened when she never came back to the school the next term.

That made me the lead blackee.

However, since we all studied maths, we should find console in the equation that Black is Beautiful (x 2) = Blacker is more Beautiful. Cheers! We rock!

Comments

  1. Glo, please, don't tell me deep inside somehow the colour of your skin gives you a little insecurity???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis, don't conclusions always sum up everything?? *Blacker is more beautiful*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God, haha! I was worried cos they say writers shed off their skins on paper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money