Of Having a Pet in Uganda.

In uganda, your pet is that animal/bird you have seen on Tv, movies or read about in children’s books and become fond of.
eh kwonka this horse looks fierce!! Even if you give it to me for free!

Almost every one has(had) a pet, especially girls in high school. Ask those autobooks theyused to fill.
Those days, mine was a monkey. We all know that was Sarah’s pet. Sarah the cartoon gal we used to read about in one of the newspapers some years back. Zingo was the monkey’s name.

My pet could have been a dog or cat like most people’s but then one day a cat scratched me with its dirty claws when I had gone to visit a friend. Mbu I was trying to befriend the cat since everyone else held it and it was nice to them.

That backfired for me.

At an earlier time, when I was new to that neighborhood, some kids surrounded me at a kiosk. They had a puppy. They rubbed its skin against my arm and lied to me that I had just gotten rabbies and would eventually die.

I wailed on my way home.

I consulted my mum about it and she confirmed it.

I was going to die!

I know, it was mean. But I did it. I was only about 4 years old and as you can see she wasn’t any emphatic towards me.

Puppies, cats and me, will never connect since history.

That’s why monkey won. It was my pet even though I had never seen one live.

Now that I have grown, and I know what I want and am more self defined, My pet is a Horse.

Horses are so lovely. 

First of all, they are huge. Chill the tiny cats and dogs which can’t even give you a lift incase you don’t have acar.

A horse can also cut on your transport costs and it will make you a ‘celeb’ if you are lucky enough to bump into paparrazi.

But don’t take them to places with traffic jam. They might get mad. You dont want to see them mad.
They are impulsive.

They will jump onto the cars and race their way away from the jam. Collateral damage will be on you.

Secondly, they are the best animals to trust. They dont trust easily though, so you need to earn their trust.
Carrots and massages could do the trick.

They are so understanding. Even if you can’t prove it. You just believe it.

You can google the rest.

So, a horse will always be my best pet until I actually own one and it dumps me off its bark while I try riding it.

Then perhaps I will rare rats?

Yeah?

That i
s some lucrative business venture of late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money