The real One Vs The Dream.


I always wanted to date the most handsome guy – well the guy I considered most handsome according to my own decisive factor and one that many girls were after. I had a list of the should haves of such a man! A dream man! Yes I met that man but like I said he was just a dream. Too good to be true. I had such an obsession that I felt at one point could just tear me apart or take my life with it.

Am glad I met that man but I realized life z not all about having everything you have dreamed of. Because sometimes your dreams are just the swathe. They just stop on the cover that you hardly mind to know what’s inside them. The cover deceives you because it’s everything that was on that long list. And it was just a list right?? There were no details written below it. Well that’s what you will get.

Then that swathe makes you blind. You can’t tell when it gets grubby. For you it’s always spotless. The intention it covers, you can never know. And if you get to know, you only think it’s a good one. It’s a good experience however because it gives you the feeling of self fulfillment –on catching that dream and helps you distinguish between the dream man/woman and the real one.

The real one is usually right by your side but you are just blinded. Because he isn’t the same height as the dream one. Neither is he as handsome or as rich. But he’s gat the inner detail you so much hanker though it never appeared on that list. s/he respects you, cares about you and their intentions are so clean. You can only see through their deeds before they can say it.

The halo effect is what deceives us. We tend to think that such qualities are actually appended onto the beauty of the people we meet. But we are wrong. I and I know many have wondered why the handsome man could actually choose to spend the rest of his life with a not-so-good-looking woman or vice versa. The layman always thinks ‘it’s because of his/ her money’ but it’s not always the case. When he looks at her, he sees a lot more beauty that he could never find in a stunning woman!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money