The human body switch


Imagine the human body was made with switches. That you had to press it in order to activate any of the human senses. How great that would be! Some of the things our senses take in are so overwhelming. No wonder we sometimes relive them in dreams. This would be controlled.

They would really be of great help. At school when something went wrong and a teacher was to cane you. It would have been only a matter of deactivating the sense of touch. There you would feel no pain and the teacher’s punishment would be in vain.

I would block my ears while a sleep. So visitors as this one am sharing a room with would not have to bother me in the middle of night. It’s not fair for someone to wake you up just to listen to whatever they have to say. That switch would have saved me a lot from one of my campus room mates who always got back from clubbing in the morning and woke me up to notify me about how pleasurable it was. How they had danced, managed to get guys to sponsor their drinks and then drop them back to hostel.

I’m almost sure that the switch which would lead to slumber would be my most active. Maybe followed by that which would disconnect all the emotions a human can have. All the heartbreaks and other disappointments I have tolerated. They would have been prevented just by one press.

And then I would ensure it be on when I’m irritated. Those taxi conductors who cheat us the ‘innocent-looking’ people. I would show them exactly what goes on in my system. Then quarrel for that remaining change of 100sh or whatever amount without being timorous.

Unfaithfulness would be unheard of. For those who whine that cheating is out of their control. They would switch off as soon as they left home and on when they got back. Only I can imagine there would still be an excuse – that ‘I forgot to put off ma switch honey, it won’t happen again!’

Blabbermouths like Annet – in ‘the hostel’ would deal with that problem easily.  And since a great talker is a great liar, probably the amount of lies such people tell would be leveled down. Most behavioral problems such as eating disorders, bedwetting etc would therefore be history, I believe.

I have heard rumor that sometimes mourners are hired for burials. How out of business they would be. It would only be an issue of switching to the cry mode and the activity gets done. See how expenses could be reduced?

Who would need to be talented so as to do something? Anyone could be an Inzikuru or Kipsiro not forgetting Golola. Though on second thought it would be only fair if the effectiveness of the switches differed from one person to another. Also if there were certain procedures to be followed in order to improve on their efficiency.

As a matter-of-fact, I need to switch off already and turn to sleep mode!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money