How to position yourself for a better job


The moment I typed this title, I yawned!!


That's how tideous it is searching for a Job in this economy. Unless you are from a well connected family or are good at barter exchange.


You see, kids from well connected families inherit jobs at birth only that they get to find out what job they inherited the moment they receive it. You are prolly cursing that you can't be born again but you have the opportunity to change history my friend. Marry right..! You have experienced this tough economy, don't subject your kids to the same. Get a loan and marry relatives of the likes of Bitature, Mbidde etc

Anyhow here I share what I did in search for a Job. Oh, by the way I have a Job these days, it's a great job and has everything you can Imagine for example; 

1. It's great, 

2. Its a job, 

3. Its imaginable etc. 


(Dear boss in case you read this, please increase sala er....just did aka advert)


1. Knowing my target
In every endeavor it's good to know your target and how to identify them in the first place. So every time I saw a well groomed gentleman or lady, I got interested. My homework was to know more about them


2. Approach your target
Once I knew what their interests were, I made sure to always say hi whenever we crossed paths


3. Perform
So I knew the time one of my targets left office to his car and I would run and wipe the exterior of his car and he would find it shimmering mawe! He was always pleased.


Image result for shining shoes
Shinning their shoes
The other targets were friends to my boss; right from the ministries, to state house to international NGO's. I knew I couldn't go wrong. I bought shoe shiner. As they would approach the office door, I would run and pass a brush against their shoes and they always gave me weird looks. Then I would serve them coffee, water, rough paper, show them where the restrooms are and whatever they needed.


You see there's so much you have to do yo be noticed by potential employers. Its all hard work, sacrifice and humility my broda because for example a Mukiga babe to do all that really. You also feel the pain.

But guess what.. ..after all these moves....Am sure you are asking yourself;  so what job did she get; where; how much does she earn now, does this really work?

Brethrens!!

The answer is NO!!!

None of this works. My efforts never paid off. It is all just a waste of time. There's no way you are going to get a job in this economy. If you have a job you love and pays well,  you are not lucky my Friend, you are very divine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money