My stupid buddy who proposed. (I mean the good stupid. You know there are two.)



He's my buddy, just. We hang out when we are bored, window shopping mainly. This time he wants me to help him select a beautiful engagement ring. He says he has met 'The One'. I'm so happy for my buddy, you know, because I thought he would always have trouble finding a girl who loved him unconditionally.

You guys know Brown? Ok, Brown is also my buddy. Dude is too tall, you might need a ladder to engage in face to face conversation with him. Now Zion, you will need an outdoor elevator. Some of you know it as a lift.
Bambi, I (platonic) love him. Walking with somebody madly taller than me kinda gets me mob attention, smiles and 'hellos' from strangers. Fine, maybe all those are meant for Zion, but friends share, right?

There is this shop about opposite Fido Dido where rings are sold. We walk there. All rings are so beautiful, I almost want to tell Zion to buy two and give me one, just for just. Finally, we decide on which ring to buy. Zion starts yapping how he can't wait to propose to this chic, how she melts his tall heart. And most importantly, she didn't mind his height. Can you imagine most of his exes allegedly left him because of his tallness? I could not wait to see my friend in law. Zion assured me that I would be there to witness the proposal.

We walk to a restaurant for refreshments. Obviously, a fanta for me. You are aware about the free data codes, I guess. Infact I order a sprite for Zion before he can say mbu, 'For me I'm okay'. Kinda his favorite line.

Zion gets the ring out. Rolling it around and between his finger and thumb, his speech follows. 'Baby', (I always wonder why an agemate can call me baby, really? Atleast baibe)

'Baby, the girl that makes my (tall) heart melt ... that girl.... she is you.' He says, his eyes flickering like light, his nose widening alittle, like it occasionally did when he was serious or pretending to be for that matter.
'Will you marry me?'

Flabbergasted, my one bottle top flies off the table with my 10mbs. (Blessed is he that picked it.)

I have a strong urge to vigorously slap Zion. But being the first guy to propose marriage with a ring, I'm burning to say yes. For the feel of it. My dear, at my age of okay you are not 30 but almost there, that question is highly Magical. Matter of factly, you are almost on the verge of being the one to ask it.

Then, Mountain (his name when I'm angry) snaps out of it and laughs at how in his words, abundant emotion has spilled over my face he can hardly recognize me.


Again, can't I like sue somebody for emotional abuse?

You also know this saying mbu, 'tosemba nakyo.'

I tell Zion that he should prank Maria. You know those babes who think the guy is in love with them yet he has even never asked them out for water not even street sweetpepsi? That's Maria.

We link up with her around mabirizi plaza where she runs a boutique. Zion pretends to be nervous for a while, walking about the room and chanting words we could hardly figure out. Suddenly, he gets on one knee, facing Maria, and pops the question. Maria, in dire shock, like a typical Muganda, rushes out for just second. She returns with her parents and wannabe relatives to witness that important moment.

'Daddy, mummy this is the Zayani I was tell you at'. ' Zayani ok pulopose on the infront of my parentoz (yeah that was her english).

Guess who hid under the table? I even slept off. Living to wonder how that rackus unfolded.

Comments

  1. Wait when you become like Maria too

    ReplyDelete
  2. ' Zayani ok pulopose on the infront of my parentoz' bambi am sorry for her.. lolest my lungs out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money