My Easter Gift.



The only Gift I prayed for during Easter period was walking through town and not have any arrogant idler of a male specie whispering, ‘size yange’. (I considered that a gift because, well, I never expected any physical gifts and I loathe that line like I do the ugly geckos that like hanging on walls). Never the less, that might have been too much to ask for. It was the first thing I heard a few seconds after I got out of the taxi. (It was Good Friday.)
Something like this in blue ...Gift to the self mwaah

I decided I would then go to equatorial mall on Kampala road and buy myself a gift to cover up for the disappointment. I was admiring items through the glass windows when I saw ostensibly beautiful bags. I walked into the boutique with little or no confidence that I would afford any.  The attendant came in.

Me: Hi, ee…eer, I just wanted to have a look at your bags.

Her: It’s okay, which one do u like.

I hadn’t really liked any, yet. Then I saw a light blue cross bag, I fell for it on the spot. I asked for the price which she said was 80k. I asked about a bigger yellow bag and that she said was 100k. I started feeling comfortable. Not like I could afford, momentarily, but I could in installments of 20k per week. After checking all the bags, I opted for the blue one. That was the first time I believed in love at first sight.

I managed a bargain of 10k off. I deposited 20k, left a balance of 50k. As I left the shop, I felt like it was my heart that had stayed. I wondered why she wouldn’t just give me the bag so I would pay later, considering I could also trust her with both my bag and money.

I kept window shopping and as soon as I started having doubts about my previous love and its worth, I decided to leave. That should be a lesson, once you make a choice to love someone, don’t compare him/her with others, okay?

On my way back home a friend sent me a message that read, “Me am in great pain, I feel like crying, I can’t believe this.’ I almost cried with him even before I knew why he felt that way. Knowing this guy, and the real meaning of the word cry, I was sure it was something very serious. I knew this guy needed all the help I could offer.  I wanted to first stop the taxi so that I would first help my friend out because even its movement and of other cars on the road were confusing me the more. And besides I read an article that said we Bakiga have that right of stopping the taxi while we talk on phone. I could have used for the right even if I was just texting him.

Me: hey, what happened?

Him: and these guys call it Good Friday, honestly what’s good in it?

Me: bambi sorry dear, can you tell me what happened?

Him: can you believe God is dead? Yes, Jesus just died. I can’t believe it woowee..

I was stinking of anger, only wishing there was a bill with penalties for such people who played on other people’s emotions.

                                                        *******
That night, I could hardly sleep. I was only dreaming of my bag. I promised myself I would go back the next day and get it. It would be a while until my young sister got back home and demanded her savings. I went with her 50k and got myself the Gift. While at it, I decided to look for damages. You know if you find some damages on a product, they feel guilty and refund some money. It was my lucky day.

Me: bu..but , excuse me, this bag has some damages, how come I never saw them yesterday? 

Her: oh my God. I can’t believe this, you know we had kept it for someone but she didn’t pick it and that’s how it got the damage blah blah for all I cared about the bags history. Before I could say another thing, 10k was in my hands. However, she gave it back with little remorse, giving me the impression that she already knew about the damage. I thank God I have only 40k to pay back.

Am so excited about my first Easter gift and like you have to thank someone who has given you something you like, I take this opportunity to thank myself for that thoughtful gift.  Am so happy that I was so thoughtful of me and I look forward to revenging on myself. A good turn deserves another, right?  





Comments

  1. Love Doctor! so was it not looking at others or rather a fact that you'd deposited on that one and didn't have extra dime that kept your commitment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, it was the love for the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's love, let it remain love. If it's something else, let's pray love develops so we can see you with it more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to position yourself for a better job

Too much self confidence is bad

How to break deals and achieve value for money